Drug testing is required in various workplaces and in sports. It can be done from saliva, urine, blood, and hair samples. Nowadays, saliva drug testing is more popular due to its simplicity and reliability. It is cheap and gives fast results. For you, there are various methods to pass the mouth swab drug test, you can use as follows:
Use appropriate detox product
Yes, you’ve got it! An appropriate detox product. This is because there are many types, but you should choose one that will work to your benefit. There are mouthwashes that effectively remove toxins and other stuff related to the drugs ingested. It is appropriate in case the tests are done to you suddenly. Some detox products come in form of tablets, chewing gums and mouthwash. Normal mouthwash can also be used.
Since some drug tests can be done without notice, it is important to take precautions. You don’t need to lose the job or ruled out of a competition because of a positive result. You can pass a saliva drug test all the same. You can do so in the following ways:
- Brush your teeth regularly. We all brush our teeth regularly, right? This doesn’t mean that you change the frequency. You can make sure that you don’t skip the brushing if you anticipate any sudden test. Brush your teeth at least twice daily. Take several minutes to brush your teeth, tongue, and cheeks, then rinse well. This will remove the old traces of the drugs in your mouth, thereby reducing the chance of positive result.
- Avoid drugs use for at least 72 hours prior to the test. To pass a mouth swab drug test, wait until the drugs naturally clear out of the body. Most drugs are detected in the saliva in a period of fewer than three days after ingestion. For example, marijuana can be detected within a period of between less than an hour to about two days.
- Take water frequently and chewing gum to stimulate saliva production constantly before the test. This will increase the chances of passing the test, since new saliva contains fewer concentrations of chemicals related to the drugs taken.
- Rinsing mouth with water can have an effect, albeit small and short-lived.
- Mouth swab tests can also be less effective if you chew gum or breath mints. Additionally, sour candies lead to acidic saliva which makes it difficult to detect drugs.
- Avoid painkillers or any kind of medication that contain any trace of a targeted drug. These include ibuprofen and others which contain codeine. Nicotine-related products also give a false positive outcome. Avoid proximity to marijuana smoke for at least 30 minutes before the test.
- Eat high-fat meals before the test is administered, to speed up the drug’s absorption into your body. This reduces the drug metabolite traces in the mouth.
The above methods will help you to pass a saliva drug test. However, the methods are helpful only if you follow them meticulously. Choose the best that is effective and convenient for you, depending on the drug used. For the best way of getting negative results, avoid taking the drugs altogether.